Position: Scaffold Inspector
Location: London and the Home Counties, Cambridge and the Thames Valley area
Salary: Depending on qualifications and experience
Connect Scaffolding Ltd is a successful rapidly expanding award winning scaffolding company with offices in Bishop's Stortford and West London. Our customer’s sites are predominantly across North, East, and West London, Hertfordshire, Cambridge and the Thames Valley area.
Over the last few years, we have worked and built excellent relationships with some of the UK's top contractors and developers predominantly on heritage, air, rail, defence, construction and housing projects. In addition we have been involved in some very exciting one off projects, including the Chelsea Flower Show, The Olympic Games and The London Marathon and more recently the London Ski Show and the Southampton Boat Show.
As a result of the Company’s rapid and continuing growth, we currently have a fantastic opportunity for a Scaffold Inspector to join our Operations Team.
Reporting directly to the SHEQ Manager, the main responsibilities of this role will include (but are not exhaustive of:
- Inspecting on-site scaffolding structures across numerous sites
- Producing inspection reports (both internal and external)
- Producing statutory reports for clients
- The production of internal SHEQ audit reports and KPI reporting
- Ensuring legal compliance on behalf of the Company and clients with regards to scaffolding practice and statutory reports
- Auditing of sites and scaffolding structures to ensure compliance to Company policy
- Ensuring legal compliance in all respects with regard to latest regulations
- Ensuring best practices is adhered to and that any non-conformity is identified to the SHEQ Manager
- Delivering on-site tool box talks to operatives
This role will be a very busy role which requires the successful candidate to be flexible and adaptable in their approach to workload, highly organised with excellent time management skills, effective communication and influential skills at all levels, excellent IT skills and a ‘can do’ attitude.
The successful applicant will have:
- Basic Scaffold Inspection Certificate (or an Advanced Scaffolder card as a minimum)
- Computer literate – in particular excellent Word, Powerpoint and Excel, as well as the ability to pick up new computer programmes such as our inhouse system
- Working knowledge of scaffolding safety standards
- Problem solving, leadership, influencing and effective communication skills
- Excellent relationship building skills and ability to adapt an approach to meet the audience/recipients needs
- Previous experience of working in an inspector capacity
- NEBOSH or equivalent safety qualification (desirable but not essential)
So if you enjoy working in a fast paced environment where no two days are the same, you have an eye for detail, have excellent interpersonal skills come rain or shine, enjoy a challenge, and want to progress and grow with Connect Scaffolding Ltd then we would love to hear from you.
Please send your application to:
Connect Scaffolding Ltd
Hadham Park, Hadham Road, Bishop's Stortford, Herts CM23 1JH
Telephone: 03332 400919